Friday, September 09, 2005

Whatever you do... don't look down!

The other day I was working on the house down the road. I don't mind ladders, in fact, I kinda like them... you know, those folding ones that you can sit on the top even thouigh they have the picture of a stick man sitting on the top and there's the red circle cross thing suggesting "Don't do what Donnie Dont does" (old Simpsons reference). But when it comes to a foot wide aluminum platform spanning across the greatroom of the house, I don't feel as secure. In fact, I take walking on it very slow. If that beam was only a mere 4 or 5 feet above the ground, it wouldn't be so bad. But it's 12 feet up. And the funny thing is, if you look down, you freak yourself out! Isn't that funny?

I wonder if I have a fear of heights, or a fear of falling. Maybe the height induces the psychological reaction of, "Oh, if I fall, this is going to suck." But if I'm on a boat, I don't have a fear of falling into the bottom of the lake. Weird huh?

What sort of things freak you out? Is it logical?

The following is a list of other things that I despise:
Fingernails (and the scraping thereof onto fabric)
Toenails (same classification)
A Paintbrush rubbing alongside painter's tape on doors or window frames

That's about it for now.

Back to Mega man!

5 Comments:

Blogger Richards' said...

re: your comment on Lynn's blog... I have aa Ryan that is a girl in my youth group... she is a tomboy, but a very sweet gal. Thought you might find it interesting

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. teeth on styrofoam
2. mechanical pencil lead on paper (when it squeaks, know what I'm talking about?)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Hooper said...

1) Bees, hornets, wasps, and any insect and/or arthropod of the stining variety.

2) The sound of high heels on crunchy snow.

3) Thinking about accidents (car, sports, etc.)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Hooper said...

STINGING. STINGING variety.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe I've met insects of the stining variety...

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home