Friday, September 16, 2005

Being proven wrong

My good friend Lynn Erskine has a blog and I posted a comment in response to the fact that he has two Lynn Erskines in his family now. One is a man. I said I couldn't imagine because Ryan is exclusively masculine. It is Irish for "little king". Well, in one day I've experienced being proven wrong, not once, but twice. Gwyn Crowther told me she knows some girl named Ryan in her youth group. I thought that was weird. I then watched the Biggest Loser (only because I have three channels and there wasn't much to watch) and a girl has the name Ryan. So it could be, in fac t, that there could be two Ryan Sweeneys in my family and no homosexuality would have to be involved.

Let's give it up for unknowingly unisex names!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spam! It strikes again!

Anyway, Sween, that's probably the funniest thing I've read in a couple of days. Kudos.

9:58 PM  
Blogger matthew said...

I know a girl named Ryan too

I had a guy friend named Ryan who went out with her, no joke.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah Gomez said...

I have always wanted to name my daughter Ryan, should I ever have one. Then you will know another. But she will be too young to be in your direct family :) sorry!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home