Wednesday, August 23, 2006

On post-academic life

Again, the question of purpose rears its ugly head: What are you going to do with your life?

Apparently, we are enslaved to finding that career that pays the bills and gives you a little more for a rainy day. And when you know what you're doing is temporary It can drive you mad because you don't know what you really want to do. Oh yeah and my former pangs for a cigarette from olden days have compounded the last couple days into an all out urge to have one...BAD!

So here's the question. What should I do with my life? I will consider the answer that shows up most often and pursue that. At the risk of subjecting myself to something more rash than Russian Roulette I am asking you out there to tell me what to do with my life when I'm done working here after two years.

Thank you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

oh sween. welcome to the club of BBC grads who don't really have more than two clues who they really are because they spent all their time and energy trying to fit into the mold for "ministry." you are not alone in what you are describing. there are many of us.

i don't know you well, so i don't feel like i can respond appropriately.

someone asked me this on my blog, and i found it helpful: what are your driving passions? the things you find pleasure in doing?

10:12 AM  
Blogger t4stywh34t said...

1. Spend $1000 getting your TESOL certificate and travel the world.
2. Come here and help me meet people my age.
3. Hook up with Aram, Larry, Zigler and my friend Dan Fuller who's moving out there, get to know the house-church crew, and go from there.

7:17 PM  
Blogger matthew said...

maybe you should be a foice

11:17 PM  
Blogger Sween said...

Evil Meeks: Do you mean I should connect with the Trinity folks more at Zig's and Larry's church or are they all coming out there. I'm sure I'd know. Laura had a baby by the way in case you didn't know.

The Matthew Never Knew: The Sween never knew what a foice was. Elaboration please.

Jo: Thanks. It's a good question to ask myself

7:33 AM  
Blogger matthew said...

when you find out what a foice is...
...you can tell us what your choice is

11:51 PM  
Blogger t4stywh34t said...

The Trinity folks are already there in Indy, of course, but now so is Dan Fuller. He's living with Aram now and working as a Spanish interpreter at a Christian legal clinic. I think you'd like him.

So Baby Girl Zig is among us now, eh? Sweet.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home