Monday, March 20, 2006

The Weekend

I have a new addiction. It is called Guitar Hero for PS2. Last night my wife and I and two other couples hung out. OUr first stop was Pizza Hut. They had a buffet which is always goodtimes... most of the time. Regretfully, I indulged in over-indulgence. Here's how it works. You go to the buffet line and you know they will have your favorite pizza. Well, if they don't right away, they will have eventually. So what do you do in the meantime? Fill a sald plate with various pizza slices therefore abating your hunger. When the Hawaiian (that's my fave) pizza comes around, you get another salad plate and put that along with a couple other tasty looking slices. By this time I am already full. But I eat all 3 slices anyway. Big mistake. So it only stands to reason that I need to take care of it. No details.

Now, when the eating was over, we went to our friends' house and we played Scene-it and, of course, Guitar hero. Guitar Hero is not exactly like really playing a real guitar but it is still fun regardless.

In other news, Deroche and Judy came over for a visit. It was quite a surprise to see a rather familiar face peeking into my Sunday School classroom. Judy's aunt is the Music Pastor's wife. It is always a pleasant thing to talk with a fellow maritimer (Deroche, not Judy, although she is pleasant to talk to regardless) and reminesce about Tim Horton's, Poutine, and Maritime dialectic. Good times, good times.

I also gave up complaining for the rest of lent. I don't know if I messed up today or not when I hit my glasses with the spine of my crossword puzzle book and said "Holy frig!"

I'm going to power nap now in order to maintain a psyche that can follow through on such lenten activity.

4 Comments:

Blogger S.I. said...

all I can say is yuck on the teeth business!

I need to go to the dentist too...I'm worried i have cavities, and last night I dreamed my front tooth broke off:-)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Hooper said...

See, I've played Guitar Hero, and I found it extremely annoying because it goes against a lot of guitar technique. I can only imagine what that was like for someone who's GOOD at playing the guitar. Still, playing some of those songs was pretty fun. Once I got used to the controller, maybe.

1:20 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

wow, all these sophisticated games since the days of Nintendo and Super Nintendo:-) That's where my gaming ended!!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger S.I. said...

I just want to inform everyone that Sween has left bloggerdom for a better life in the beyond.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home