Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Blues Scene

I am not a concert guy. though I am a musician this may seem surprising. I don't know why, I guess I never really liked the crowds, or maybe there were the songs I couldn't just fast forward through. I live in the outskirts of Indianapolis and seeing that I always thought I wanted to go to concerts when I lived in Nova Scotia, where the nearest GOOD concert was three hours away in Halifax, I never do, even though a popular stage is mere minutes from my present location. This may not be an oddity but maybe it's the unconventional musician in me, the one that loves to jam. That's why I like to go to the blues bar. It's full of no name talent and it rocks. I come home and feel as though I want to pick up my guitar with a refurbished passion. But I'm tired. I will wait till tomorrow.














Oh yeah. One more thing. Whitey wanted to take a bunch of pictures of various buildings on the way down. I felt like a tourist (or at least an accomplice to a tourist). But I joined in the fun anyway. Here's a nice shot of Indianapolis's Monument in Monument Circle.

1 Comments:

Blogger S.I. said...

I know where that is! BTW, why are you in Indi anyway? Not exactly Mecca:-)

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home