Monday, October 17, 2005

Small Worldness

I just came back from Starbucks... taking a short repreive from my homework. I drive by a white car that used to be one that sat in Medders' driveway back in the day. Well guess what? It was! The license plate BYE 170 from New Brunswick IS Medders' car, only Nate Medders is driving it. I saw it at Pizza hut. He works there.

I saw another NB license plate yesterday. It was Jane Trafton's. I barely have it memorized but it starts with "G". She is going down to Gulfport, MS with a group that I'm going with. And there was also this dude I saw in the play "Godspell" going too. I knew I recognized him and he recognized me as the guitarist from "Man of La mancha".

There is actually a telos... a purpose, if you will, to this particular blog.

I need five people to pray for me on this Katrina trip. There is no real imminent danger going to Gulfport as there could be if I was in New Orleans. The thing is we're a group who going down for four days to bring a ray of hope to these people's lives. We are one of many groups who has and will go down. So specifically, I would like to have one contact at least to pour into down there. I am also going with a bunch of different personalities (I mean other people, not my own)... 27 to be exact. So of course (any of you who have travelled on chorale will resonate with me) there WILL be opportunity for personality clashes. So I guess as much harmony as there can be, I would covet it.

So If you can pray for me, let me know. Don't say you will if you don't mean it, I know I'm often guilty of saying and not delivering. Leave a comment or email me or call me if you'd like. I can give more specifics but I am not entirely sure what all to pray for myself. We're helping rebuild buildings and helping people cope I would guess.

Thank you!

5 Comments:

Blogger t4stywh34t said...

i'm on it


And one more thing...this word verification thing is too much. I mean seriously..."grgbja"? I never said i was addicted to cotton candy, so why would it say such a thing? I think you should have a word with it.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Sween said...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the random consonants and the perhaps obligatory vowel. "dwhhal". I would make one with real words. There was a really offensive one the other day. It was authentically anti-Semitic.

Regardless, thank you for your prayers.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lord has heard your petition, and I am in agreement with it. :)

I had "uaglpw."

1:15 PM  
Blogger Sween said...

Thank you Brothers Jew

"yypcws"

I'm glad to know two people visit my blog! :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger david and laura said...

sweenis,
i visit your blog too!!!

zig

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home