Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Adventures of Odysseus

Hmmm...

Yeah, I haven't really written much. I guess I have come to the conclusion that blogging isn't the center of my life. However, I will approach it as an entertaining hobby. It was nice to see 5 comments on my last post :).

So what's going on? you may ask if you're genuinely curious or just plain nosy. Not much, I will reply. I have the pleasure of hosting Whitey at my house. I think at various times I miss the comraderie of my maritime friends. You have all these great friends in college and then you all get dispersed to the far ends of the earth and most of us lack the meaningful art of conversation in which to extend that great friendship despite the immediate lack of geographic propiety. I have also come to the conclusion that a blog is a great way for me to use big words that I may not even use in proper context.
I may be mistaken about the art of conversation thing. I guess I tend to think of myself as that guy in college who everybody knew but didn't have an immediate clique. Anyway, no need to go on about my former college woes. I need to tell you about The Odessey.

Now that I've finished Lewis's Space Trilogy, I have now turned my sights to a book I've owned but not read yet. The Odessey is an intriguing read. It makes you appreciate the fact you aren't a polytheist who is governed by the pettiness of gods who have the same intrinsic fallen character of humankind. If you are a polytheist, my apologies, but it seems to me as I read this that it is not possible for any harmony to exist if such a pantheon of gods ruled. Nonetheless, it is all about an adventure and stuff like that that makes an entertaining novel (even though Homer wrote it as a poem).

Join me next time when I express my feelings on growing up and how my taste in music hasn't changed.

2 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

sween dog!
bro i love reading your thoughts, no matter what you're saying! you're one cool guy!

just thought i'd let you know, thank you for blogging again!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Sween said...

Dan, you're the man

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home