Friday, March 03, 2006

Of Wisdom and Stupidity

Why are they called wisdom teeth? The most accurate answer may be that you're at a wise age when you get them. I don't think there is anything real smart about getting them removed. No, I am entirely subjective on this and responding emotionally and most likely irrationally to the fact that the dentist said I need to have my wisdom teeth removed.

Let me expound a little more. I have an absess on my back lower left 2nd molar. I know that it is there because the gum wrapped around a piece of chicken I failed to properly remove before I went to bed. Sure, it may be because the wisdom tooth behind it is slowly exposing itself. But it is not necessary to remove ALL my wisdom teeth! the top two came in nice and painlessly. I guess all I'm saying is I'm a cranky old bastard who despises change and using medicine. All that said, I guess I should leave it at that until I have something worthwhile and edifying to say.

Oh yeah, the stupidity part, people who buy houses on the fringe of golf courses.

4 Comments:

Blogger S.I. said...

AH wisdom teeth. Mine were all impacted by 17-18 years of age. When they were removed, did the sutures actually stay in? OOOOh no. Thank you, water pic.

So I feel sorry for you--it ain't fun.

3:44 PM  
Blogger t4stywh34t said...

But think of the joy you got in getting to eat that piece of chicken again...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Hooper said...

Mmm, squirrelled chicken.

If and when these teeth come out, be sure to get the gas. I do not know how much extra it will cost you, but it makes the whole procedure painless, and also, you will have an experience involving a field of daisies, most likely.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Sween said...

Kinda like bad acid? Sweet!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home